Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Moving!!!

We announced this several weeks ago but since I am blog-neglecter, I haven't posted to all my blog friends!!! The Chapman family is moving to Charleston, SC next month. We are excited to go but have bittersweet feelings about leaving. Jonathan has accepted a position as High School Pastor at East Cooper Baptist Church on Mt. Pleasant. We have felt the Lord's leading and His affirmation COMPLETELY though this process so we know this is where He wants us. The church we are leaving is both mine and Jonathan's home church, where we grew up, so it was a hard decision to make, but we are excited at what awaits us.

We hope to begin looking for a place to live down there this week. I wish $100K would fall out of the sky to help us pay for a house down there, since housing is SIGNIFICANTLY higher in Charleston.

I know our girls will love it, being minutes from the beach and learning all the history and fun things to do in Charleston. Please pray along with us as we make this transition!!

4 comments:

The Chavis Family said...

We'll be praying for y'all!! Joe and I will really miss Rachel in Sunday school. I'm excited for this opportunity for your family. I think it was Rebecca who said you weren't at the shower Sunday because you might have on offer on your house. I hope that works out!! ~Kim :)

The B Family said...

I know all too well how the Lord directs your paths...especially in the ministry. All I know to say to you is that this will be amazing for you, for Jonathan and especially for your girls! I hated leaving Greenville but if it weren't for the Lord's calling in 1989 to RHBC, His Will wouldn't have been done on so many different levels....many I will never understand on this earth. Jonathan and you will be rewarded for allowing Him to direct your path! I am so excited for your family!
I look forward to meeting for lunch in your new hometown! Wyatt usually goes with me so we'll have a lunch playdate!
Love you, Rebecca

Hollie Heming said...

How wonderful that God has opened this door for your family. Now, we'll have a reason to visit Charleston :).

The Hardy Family said...

You know how excited I have been for you 2 during this whole process and it's been neat to see how God has totally directed your path! On a selfish note though, I'm going to miss you SOOOO much!! But, thankfully you aren't far and you still have to come back this way to see your family! I know you will love living in Charleston and I can't to see Jonathan prosper so much at East Cooper!!