Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dad

Today is Father's Day. I am so grateful and blessed to have my Dad. On November 3, 1985, my Mom married Paul Huggins. He is my step-dad. He jumped into our family and began raising my brother and I as if we were his biological children. This is the Dad who taught me how to ride a bike. This is the Dad who taught me how to swim. This is the Dad who helped me with my highschool math homework until 11:00pm until I got too frustrated, began to cry, and just went to bed. He is the one who used to call me his "little princess". He is the one who will do any handy man job without complaining. He is the one who started a Roth IRA for me with "babysitting money" when I was 13 and had no clue of the importance of investing. He is the one who, together with my Mom, paid for my entire four years of my undergraduate degree. He is the one who walked me down the aisle on my wedding day 7 years ago. I may not be related to him by blood, but as far as I am concerned, he is my Dad.

1 comment:

MMS said...

Beautiful post!